What is Codeine?
Codeine is a medication used to treat mild to moderately severe pain. It is an opioid pain medication that can be bought online.
Key Facts About Codeine
Before buying Codeine online, it’s important to know some key facts about the drug:
- Codeine works by preventing pain signals from reaching the brain.
- The most common side effects of Codeine are constipation, nausea, and drowsiness.
- Codeine can be addictive if not taken as prescribed and monitored by a healthcare professional.
- It’s best to avoid alcohol while taking Codeine to prevent increased side effects.
- Codeine is only prescribed for children between 12 and 18 years old for pain relief.
Interactions with Other Drugs
When buying Codeine online, it’s important to be aware of potential interactions with other medications, including:
- Methylene Blue
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
Possible Medical Problems
While Codeine can effectively treat pain, cough, and diarrhea, there are potential side effects that can lead to medical problems, including:
- Addison’s disease (adrenal gland problem)
- Brain problems
- Breathing or lung function issues
- Dependence on the drug
- Kidney or liver disease
Who Should Avoid Codeine?
Certain individuals should not take Codeine, including those who:
- Have had an allergic reaction to Codeine or any other drug in the past
- Have a lung problem
- Have had a head injury
- Are addicted to alcohol
- Have low blood pressure
Codeine and Pregnancy
Pregnant women should only take Codeine if prescribed by a healthcare professional. High doses during the first trimester can increase the risk of heart defects and other birth defects.
Uses for Codeine
Codeine is primarily used to treat pain and suppress coughing. It works by changing the way the body senses pain in the central nervous system.
The Proper Method of Intake
To avoid side effects, it’s important to take Codeine as prescribed and not exceed the recommended dose. If a dose is missed, it should be taken as soon as remembered, but not if the next dose is due soon.
Codeine comes in tablet, liquid, cough syrup, and injection forms. The dosage should be strictly followed to avoid addiction and harmful side effects.
Withdrawal symptoms from Codeine can vary in intensity and duration depending on factors such as duration of use, dosage, frequency of use, and medical history. Gradual reduction of the drug can help reduce withdrawal symptoms.